Global Photovoltaic (PV) Market & Insights into Chinese & Japanese Photovoltaic (PV) Markets (2010 – 2015)
- Language: English
- 173 Pages
- Published: November 2011
- Region: Asia, China, Global, Japan
Currently, storage solutions are in an early phase of market introduction. This represents a chance for both owners of PV systems and the entire PV industry to gain more independence from the EEG. The possibility to store the generated electricity is a small revolution for renewable energies; however it will also change the current functional logic of the markets.
The economics of non-Battery PV systems were easy to calculate: install, feed-in, make money. Even the introduction of promotion for self-consumption did not change this thinking. Generally the self-consumption was used as a vehicle to leverage the rate of return. In order to convince the end-customer to invest in a battery system, a different argumentation line will be required.
The present tool supports Business Developers in analyzing the new driver of „independence“. Furthermore, target prices can be calculated and business models can be backed up with numbers. Sales and Strategic Marketing can use the results in order to communicate the topic towards partners and installers.
- System size, battery size, depth of discharge, battery life-time, system price, electricity consumption, electricity demand, electricity price and electricity price increase
- PV Yield: Based on PV GIS data, the yield curve for one year has been calculated on an hourly base
- Electricity demand: The current version of the tool is limited to the residential segment in Germany
- Results are shown on yearly and daily base
- The yearly output contains:
Selected system parameters
Self-consumption, level of independence and financial figures (IRR, MIRR, NPV)
Direct self-consumption rate, additional self-consumption achieved by battery
Electricity demand and electricity fed into the grid on a monthly basis.
20 year electricity bill
- Analyze the impact of one parameter with regard to output-parameters
- Output parameters: Self-consumption, level of independence, NPV, IRR, MIRR SHOW LESS READ MORE >