• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
GDS Distribution in China: Flying the Regulated Skies
PhoCusWright, July 2012, Pages: 13
China is home to one of the world's fastest growing airline markets. Airline passenger revenues will nearly double between 2009 and 2013. Yet this heaving market remains largely closed to companies that provide distribution technology to airlines around the world. Of the 800 million new air travelers that will begin flying between 2009 and 2014, more than a quarter will come from China.
This analysis looks at the current state of airline distribution and supporting technology in China. It focuses on the pending changes to the regulatory environment governing air travel distribution, and the potential implications for relevant stakeholders in the Chinese air travel distribution market as well as global players keen to compete for share.
- Air Distribution in China
- China House Rules
- Fulfillment: Ticketing, Billing and Settlement
- The Pending GDS Deregulation: A Piece, a Sliver, or Crumbs?
- Girding for Battle
- Impact on Stakeholders
- Chinese Airlines: Containing Cost
- International Carriers: Worth the Risks?
- Travel Agencies: Tech Deprived
- The GDSs: Let Me In!
- Outlook: The Tail Wags the Dog
- Appendix: Overview of TravelSky Agency Products
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.