- Language: English
- Published: May 2013
- Region: Global
Financial Assessment of the Global Packaged Food Industry 2012
- Published: December 2012
- Region: Global
- 100 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
Financial Assessment Led by Ratio Analysis - A Holistic Perspective
The financial assessment study analyzes the financial ratios of public companies across the globe in the packaged food industry. To assess the financial performance, public companies across the globe in the packaged food industry are first identified. Then, their financials are gathered and ratios such as return on equity and EBIT margin are computed. After this, the ratios are divided into four categories: profitability, liquidity, activity, and solvency. Weights are assigned to different ratios based on the industry averages, and an overall rank is determined. The study presents top performers by regions and sub-segments.
- In the current economic scenario, maintaining healthy financials plays a key role in determining a company’s future prospects.
- This study analyzes the financial health of public companies in the global packaged foods industry, covering fifteen segments.
- Companies are ranked based on four broad categories of ratios - profitability, activity (reflecting financial management) and liquidity, and solvency (reflecting risk management).
- Industry ratios such as gross margin, current ratio, etc. are computed for the public companies analyzed and top performers are identified by benchmarking their ratios with the industry.
- The study presents top performers by regions, by segments, and by revenue range.
- The study also includes insights into key business and financial risks/challenges faced by industry participants. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Section Executive Summary
2. Definition of Key Terms
3. Research Objective and Scope
4. Research Methodology
5. Key Issues/Challenges Faced by Industry Participants
6. Assessment of the Financial Health of the Global Packaged Food Industry
7. Geographic Analysis
8. Segment Analysis
9. Markowitz Portfolio Allocation—Determination of Sharpe Ratio
The Frost & Sullivan Story