Nucleic Acid Amplification Life Science Dashboard™ Series 4 (NA & EU)
- ID: 2779651
- March 2014
- Region: Europe, North America
- 105 Pages
- Percepta Associates Inc
Nucleic acid amplification (NAA) is one of the most commonly performed molecular biology techniques and is a necessary precursor to a range of methods from gene cloning and site-directed mutagenesis to the quantitative analysis of gene expression.
As life science suppliers continue improving products and services in the nucleic acid amplification market, nucleic acid amplification kits and reagents represent a significant market within the life sciences industry.
2014 Nucleic Acid Amplification Dashboard™ is the fourth in a series that characterizes the dynamic market for products for nucleic acid amplification experiments. This 2014 Dashboard provides a snapshot of the current market landscape that is compared with data from the 2011 Nucleic Acid Amplification Dashboard where relevant, providing an ongoing story of how the market is adapting to new products, new competitors and new sales and marketing strategies.
The 2014 Nucleic Acid Amplification Dashboard™ was developed from responses to a 24-question survey completed by 494 scientists located in North America and Europe.
This Dashboard reveals key market indicators for the nucleic acid amplification market as a whole as well as for the following techniques representing market sub-segments:
- Standard PCR: PCR with purified DNA template
- Standard RT-PCR: PCR with RNA/cDNA template
- qPCR: Real-time PCR with purified DNA template
- qRT-PCR: Real-time PCR with RNA/cDNA template
- Direct PCR*: PCR directly from the unpurified sample without the need for nucleic acid extraction and purification
- Digital PCR: Involves the use of increased number of PCR replicates, partitioning a sample into multiple PCR reactions
* New product segment as of this report
In January of 2014, The Nucleic Acid Amplification Survey was fielded to a panel of life scientists. Results were collected through January 10, 2014. A total of 494 scientists completed the survey. Results are based on the aggregate of collected responses. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive Summary
2. Dashboard “At A Glance”
3. Market Opportunity Matrix
4. Respondents Qualification
6. Frequency of Performance: Life Science Techniques
7. Frequency of Performance: Nucleic Acid Amplification Techniques
8. Co-Performance: Nucleic Acid Amplification & Life Science Techniques
9. Throughput Data
10. Monthly Spend, Expected Growth in Spend & Supplier Share of Spend
11. Market Size
12. Customer Satisfaction & Interest in Switching
13. Purchase Decision Factors: Product Features
14. Primary Downstream Application
15. Desired Product Changes
Appendix I: Supporting Data
Appendix II: Percepta Capabilities and Life Science Dashboards™ Available
- Analytik Jena
- Bulldog Bio
- GE Healthcare
- Idaho Technologies
- LGC Genomics
- Life Technologies/Applied Biosystems/Invitrogen/Ambion**
- Midwest Scientific
- MWG Biotech
- New England Biolabs
- Quanta Biosciences
- Roche Applied Science
- Thermo Scientific/Finnzymes/Fermentas**
* Please note that respondents were provided with an option to list other suppliers.
**Please note that these were independent companies at the time the survey was fielded.