Fungicides China News
- ID: 2758651
- June 2016
- Region: China
- 30 Pages
- CCM Information
In June 2016, the CCPIA held the Strobilurin Fungicide Symposium in Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province. The conference gathered officials, experts and elites in the industry to discuss the prospect, problem of overcapacity and product R&D in the strobilurin fungicide business.
It is learnt from the conference that, after a year's growth in domestic market, pyraclostrobin fungicides may develop stably with a more rapid growth in the next two to three years. Notably, producers are suggested drawing lessons from azoxystrobin and avoiding excess expansion in production capacity.
Additionally, picoxystrobin and fluoxastrobin, two strobilurin fungicides of great potential,are expected to bring new profit growth to the pesticide industry. Producers should strengthen R&D on them.
Meanwhile, a cooperative group on strobilurin fungicides was set up at the symposium to push forward the development of this kind of fungicide. Specifically, there are altogether 19 enterprises participating in the group, Jiangyin Suli as the group leader and Zhejiang Tide as the deputy director.
- Fluoxastrobin pesticides to be registered for the first time in China
- How are the azoxystrobin and pyraclostrobin markets going in China?
- Pyraclostrobin: production capacity fails to meet expectation after off-patent in China
- China's market price of dimethomorph technical continues falling in H1 2016
- Ningxia Lanfeng eliminates environmental risks unfavorable for production
- Guangxin Agrochemical to change fund-raising projects to extend upstream supply chain
- Hot chlorothalonil technical export market in China in Q1 2016
- China's exports of 80% mancozeb WP: large rise in volume in Q1 2016
- Only four fungicide technical registered in China, May 2016
- One cyproconazole technical remains within registration effective date in China
- Thirteenth Five-year Plan period: new era for pesticide industry
- China's regulation on pesticide registration to be further completed
- China's exports of fungicides: rise in volume from Jan. to April 2016
- Zhongshan Chemical to launch IPO to consolidate herbicide business and extend into fungicide market
- ICAMA launches investigation into carbendazim and other seven pesticides
- Shandong Aofeng's 1,000 t/a bacillus subtilis powder project put into production in May 2016
- A number of strobilurin fungicides approved to renew production approval certificate
- Jiangsu Sijifeng to construct 500 t/a azoxystrobin project
- China's market price of 95% propiconazol TC falls in June 2016
- China's market price of difenoconazole technical goes down in June 2016
- Shandong's Qingdao to set up high toxicity pesticide storage system
- Zhejiang Province: eight fungicides newly added to 2016 List of Recommended Pesticides for Rice Diseases
- Nantong Jiahe to launch new fungicide projects
- Ex-works prices of main fungicides in China, June 2016
- Shanghai Port prices of main fungicides in China, June 2016
- FOB Shanghai prices of main fungicides in China, June 2016
According to the ICAMA, Bayer CropScience's 94% fluoxastrobin TC and Arysta LifeScience Corporation's 50% fluoxastrobin + chlorothalonil SC were approved to be registered in China. Additionally, Arysta LifeScience plans to launch two fluoxastrobin pesticides in Chinese market. Strobilurin fungicides have always been hot in Chinese market. So, as two off-patent members of the strobilurin series, how are the azoxystrobin and pyraclostrobin markets going in China now?
There is no doubt that pyraclostrobin has been hot in Chinese market. Yet, after it has become off-patent for one year, both production capacity and output of pyraclostrobin failed to meet the expectations of industry insiders. On the contrary, its market price soared due to tight supply.
In H1 2016, China's dimethomorph technical market continues showing a downward trend, with sufficient inventory but sluggish demand. So far, as the slack season comes, many enterprises choose to sell their products off. Thus, the market price of dimethomorph technical will be less likely to rebound largely in the short term.
On 31 May, 2016, Lanfeng Bio-Chem disclosed that after rectification of pollution disposal facilities, its wholly-owned subsidiary Ningxia Lanfeng had eliminated the environmental risks hindering production before. Recently, the company has resumed production and may help realize rebound in Lanfeng Bio-Chem's intermediate and fungicide business performance in 2016.
On 6 June, 2016, Guangxin Agrochemical announced to change its 8,000 t/a diuron and 10,000 t/a thiophanate-methyl projects into a 200,000 t/a 2-nitrochlorobenzene project and a 150,000 t/a chlorobenzene supporting project. This change will help the company to extend upstream supply chain. China's export of chlorothalonil technical was hot in Q1 2016, showing growths in both volume and price.
In Q1 2016, with increasing overseas orders, China's export volume of 80% mancozeb WP went up largely.
In May 2016, altogether 35 fungicides were newly registered in China, of which only four were technical, according to the ICAMA.
On 26 May, 2016, the China Crop Protection Industry Association issued the 13th Five-year Plan for Pesticide Industry Development, which will lead this industry to a new era of better quality, higher efficacy, innovation and sustainability.