Fungicides China News
- ID: 2758651
- May 2016
- Region: China
- 39 Pages
- CCM Information
In March 2016, eyes of most Chinese pesticide manufacturers were caught by the CAC2016 and the CAC conference week. At the conference, Zhang Wenjun, director of ICSD, ICAMA, introduced China's exports of pesticides in 2015 and pointed out that it was the first time to see downturns in both imports and exports of pesticides over the past 5 years. Specifically:
- Volume: 1.51 million tonnes, down by 8.06% YoY
- Value: USD7.28 billion, down by 16.87% YoY
- Volume: 57,600 tonnes, down by 14.21% YoY
- Value: USD678 million, down by 8.88% YoY
Moreover, the list of China's top 20 pesticide exporters in 2015 were unveiled at CAC2016, which demonstrated the manufacturers' ability and achievements in expanding overseas market, as well as their excellent quality of pesticides and capability of supply. This also helped to further these companies’ influence.
Notably, there were still some highlights in the overall pesticide export market.
According to Zhang Wenjun, since 2011, exports of technical have decreased year by year, while more high value-added formulations have been exported and become a new driving force. This manifests China's successful structure adjustment in the pesticide industry.
China's export volume and value of fungicide formulations both increased over 2014. However, due to the downturn in the overall pesticide market, the rise in value was much smaller than that in volume.
This report contains detailed analysis on China's exports and imports of fungicide formulations and the top 20 pesticide exporters in following report.
- Phenamacril, another independently developed fungicide to make sales of "RMB100 million"
- Market price of chlorothalonil to keep high in 2016
- China's top 20 pesticide exporters in 2015
- More Chinese carbendazim producers resume production
- IPP, CAAS signs with ALS a distribution licensing agreement on China’s first plant immunoprotein biopesticide with ALS
- Limin Chemical to raise funds to strengthen leading position in fungicide market
- China’s exports of tebuconazole technical: YoY falls in both volume and price in 2015
- China's export volume of fungicide formulations increases by 10.24% YoY in 2015
- China’s import volume of fungicide formulations falls by 22.09% YoY in 2015
- Fifteen fungicide technical registered in China, Feb. 2016
- Lianhetech to invest USD45.99 million into fluxapyroxad intermediate project
- Nissan Chemical's amisulbrom first to register in China
- Shenzhen Noposion: net profit reaches USD34.80 million in 2015
- Jiangsu Huifeng: large rise in online sales of pesticide formulations
- Another two enterprises voluntarily give up pesticide production qualifications
- Nantong Weilike to launch 3,400 t/a pesticide formulation expansion project
- Shanghai Heben-Eastsun: first domestic enterprise obtains "Three Certificates" of pyraclostrobin TC
- Lanfeng Bio-Chem: rise in net profit in Q1 2016
- Jiangsu Province: 86,000 tonnes of fungicides exported in 2015
- Jiangsu Province: rape sclertiniose to strike moderately on the whole and heavily in some areas
- China’s market price of mancozeb likely to rise in the short run
- China’s market price of propiconazol technical falls in March
- Ex-works prices of main fungicides in China, Mar. 2016
- Shanghai Port prices of main fungicides in China, Mar. 2016
- FOB Shanghai prices of main fungicides in China, Mar. 2016
The Jiangsu Pesticide Research Institute plans to vigorously promote three independently developed phenamacril fungicides. Notably, revenue from the company's phenamacril fungicides achieved over USD10.71 million (RMB70 million). The fungicide, under heavy promotion, is hopeful to earn "RMB100 million" in 2016.
China's market price of chlorothalonil technical increased due to short supply in the first half of March. However, as the peak season comes, the plants have almost been fully booked, and are likely to pull up the price. In 2016, the price of chlorothalonil is expected to keep high as last year and even go up.
On 8 March, 2016, the list of China's top 20 pesticide exporters (by manufacturer) in 2015 were unveiled at the CAC2016. This also showed the general situation and highlights about China's exports of pesticides in 2015.
Although some plants suspended production under environmental protection pressure, increasing number of carbendazim plants resumed production and most leading producers are capable of supply. In the short term, China's market price of carbendazim technical is expected to rise as the orders increase. On the whole, it will remain stable in full-year 2016.
At the end of Feb. 2016, IPP, CAAS signed with ALS a distribution licensing agreement, granting it exclusive global access to "Atailing", China's first plant immunoprotein biopesticide. Through cooperation with international pesticide enterprise, this biopesticide is expected to be promoted around the world. Also the success of it will set a good example of internationalization of Chinese technology and open a new chapter for multinational cooperation. Limin Chemical plans to make a private placement for its high-efficient pesticide projects, basic raw material projects and replenishment in liquid capital. This will assist the company to further expand business and improve profitability, which improves its comprehensive competitiveness and carries forward the strategic goals.
In full-year 2015, both export volume and average export price of tebuconazole technical decreased, down by 2.93% and 10.14% YoY respectively.
In 2015, China's export volume and export value of fungicide formulations both increased YoY, but the rise of the value was much smaller than that of the volume, affected by the downturn of pesticide market.
In Q4 2015, China's import volume of fungicide formulations continued declining by a larger percentage, following the decreases in the previous three quarters. In total, the import volume of fungicide formulations fell by 22.09% YoY in 2015.
In Feb. 2016, 15 new registrations of fungicide technical (excluding renewal of registrations), including 12 active ingredients, were approved in China, according to the Institute for the Control of Agrochemicals, Ministry of Agriculture.
- The Institute of Plant Protection
- Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- Limin Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Lianhe Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Noposion Agrochemicals Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Huifeng Agrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Heben-Eastsun Medicaments Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Lanfeng Biochemical Co., Ltd.