- Language: English
- 56 Pages
- Published: March 2012
- Region: Colombia
Analysis of the Crop Protection Chemicals Market - Stringent environmental regulations affect growth
- ID: 2104200
- April 2012
- Region: Europe, North America
- 232 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
This study covers crop-protection chemicals, a mature market experiencing intense competition. Despite the recent recession, this market has recovered quickly and is expected to grow moderately during the 2011 to 2015 forecast period due to the development of new active ingredients. The practice of seed treatment is gaining popularity and is a major reason for market growth. However, regulations are more stringent for these chemicals due to environmental and health concerns.
Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast Discussion
- The total crop protection chemicals market in North America and Europe is mature and is expected to grow at a moderate rate.
- Rapid population growth and little increase in arable land are the primary drivers for this market.
- Increases in meat consumption and biofuel production also are factors spurring demand for these chemicals.
- However, environmental concerns about the harmful effects of these chemicals have resulted in stringent regulation. Many active ingredients, such as 1,3-dichloropropene and neonicotinoids, that were used widely are being banned, which curbs market growth.
- Innovations in plant biotechnology also pose a threat to the crop protection chemicals market. However, they will not greatly affect revenue in the near future.
Total Crop Protection Chemicals Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
- CEO’s 360 Degree Perspective
Herbicides Segment Breakdown
Insecticides Segment Breakdown
Fungicides Segment Breakdown
The Last Word