- Language: English
- 64 Pages
- Published: June 2013
World ROV Operations Market Forecast 2013-2017
- Published: October 2013
- Region: Global
The market for the operation of work-class ROVs is forecast through to 2017 in this sixth edition of the 'World ROV Operations Market Forecast'. Results forecast total ROV operations expenditure of $9.7 billion, an increase of nearly 80% over the previous five-year period.
Drilling support accounts for three-quarters of expenditure between 2013 and 2017, and is expected to increase over the period by 13%. Almost 527,000 days of ROV drilling support are forecast in the next five years, of which the majority is made up of work on exploration & appraisal (E&A) wells. Expenditure on construction support accounts for a fifth of ROV operations, with repair & maintenance accounting for the remaining.
Africa is forecast to experience strong demand from subsea development wells, driven by the discovery of new deepwater provinces offshore East Africa, and will remain the largest region, followed by Latin America and Asia. The Middle East has the lowest ROV spend, and along with Norway will see decline in spend. Latin America is set to show the strongest growth of all regions.
The 'World ROV Operations Market Forecast 2013-2017' analyses the main factors driving demand for ROV operations and key themes include:
- Market drivers: identification and discussion of key underlying drivers and their influence on the global work-class ROV operations market.
- Historic and forecast activity: 2008 to 2017, segmented by region & sector.
- Market segmentation: by drill support, construction support and repair & maintenance, detailed by ROV days and units.
- Detailed forecasts: of ROV activities, including work requirements on subsea trees, umbilicals & flowlines, subsea processing, FPSO mooring & risers, trunkline installation, exploration & appraisal wells and subsea development wells.
Why purchase the 'World ROV Operations Market Forecast'?
- The 'World ROV Operations Market Forecast' is an excellent source of information for those seeking a timely update on this dynamic and rapidly changing industry. Geared to senior executives' needs, the report assumes no previous knowledge of the subject area. The report provides the reader with a comprehensive understanding of the key trends involved in shaping the requirement for ROV operations.
- Concise report layout – industry background and supporting materials condensed to enable quick review
- The report is essential for ROV manufacturers, operators, support vessel owners and oil & gas company end users. It provides valuable insight for financial institutions and other investors in the ROV industry.
- The data and analysis is strengthened by extensive consultation with many companies from all sectors of the ROV market. Throughout the report pertinent quotes, related to specific aspects of the market are highlighted.
- The market forecasts have a concise layout consisting of industry background and supporting materials condensed to enable quick review with ‘speed-read' summaries of key points throughout. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Summary & Conclusions
2. Introduction to ROVs
- ROV Classifications
3. Competitive Landscape
- ROV Operators
4. Market Drivers
- Market Drivers – Oil and Gas
- Market Drivers – Offshore Rigs and Deepwater Capex
- Market Drivers – Subsea Hardware and Wind Turbines
5. The ROV Operations Market
- ROV Market Model and Overview
- Global ROV Forecast Totals
- ROV Market by Region – Summary ($ million)
- Global ROV Forecast Totals by Region
- Construction Support Market Demand by Region
- Drilling Support Market Demand by Region
- Repair & Maintenance Market Demand by Region
-- Eastern Europe & FSU
-- Latin America
-- Middle East
-- North America
- The Market for Work Class ROV Manufacturer
- Data and Text Conventions
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global – ROV Days and Spend by Region 2008-2017
Figure 2: ROV Fleet Size
Figure 3: Primary Energy Consumption by Region
Figure 4: Oil Price and E&P Expenditure Index
Figure 5: Offshore Rig Orders
Figure 6: Global – Deepwater Capex by Component
Figure 7: Subsea Hardware Expenditure by Region 2008-2017
Figure 8: Wind Turbines Installed by Country 2013-2022
Figure 9: ROV Operations Market by Region 2008-12 and 2013-17 ($ million)
Figure 10: ROV Operations Market by Sector 2008-12 and 2013-17 ($ million)
Figure 11: Global – ROV Days and Spend by Hardware 2008-2017
Figure 12: Global – ROV Days and Spend by Region 2008-2017
Figure 13: Global – Construction Support ROV Days and Spend 2008-2017
Figure 14: Global – Drilling Support ROV Days and Spend 2008-2012
Figure 15: Global – Repair & Maintenance Days and Spend 2008-2017
Figure 16: Africa – ROV Days and Spend 2008-2017
Figure 17: Asia – ROV Days and Spend 2008-2017
Figure 18: Australasia – ROV Days and Spend 2008-2017
Figure 19: Eastern Europe & FSU – ROV Days and Spend 2008-2017
Figure 20: Latin America – ROV Days and Spend 2008-2017
Figure 21: Middle East – ROV Days and Spend 2008-2017
Figure 22: North America – ROV Days and Spend 2008-2017
Figure 23: Norway – ROV Days and spend 2008-2017
Figure 24: UK – ROV Days and Spend 2008-2017
Figure 25: RoWE – ROV Days and spend 2008-2017
Figure 26: Global – Implied ROV Newbuilds 2008-2017
List of Tables
Table 1: ROV Classifications
Table 2: Unmanned Vehicles Applications
Table 3: Global – ROV Days, Units and Spend by Hardware 2012-2017
Table 4: Global – ROV Days, Units and Spend by Region 2012-2017
Table 5: Global – Construction Support ROV Days, Units and Spend 2012-2017
Table 6: Global – Drilling Support ROV Days and Spend 2012-2017
Table 7: Global – Repair & Maintenance ROV Days, Units and Spend 2012-2017
Table 8: Africa – ROV Days, Units and spend 2012-2017
Table 9: Asia – ROV Days, Units and Spend 2012-2017
Table 10: Australasia – ROV Days, Units and Spend 2012-2017
Table 11: Eastern Europe & FSU – ROV Days, Units and Spend 2012-2017
Table 12: Latin America – ROV Days, Units and Spend 2012-2017
Table 13: Middle East – ROV Days, Units and Spend 2012-2017
Table 14: North America – ROV Days and Spend 2008-2017
Table 15: Norway – ROV Days, Units and Spend 2012-2017
Table 16: UK – ROV Days, Units and Spend 2012-2017
Table 17: RoWE – ROV Days, Units and Spend 2012-2017