Despite a state of maturity, the endpoint security market continues to evolve along with the threat landscape, as threats increase in complexity and sophistication. Further affecting the market is a strong influx of increased usage of personal mobile devices within corporate environments. This research service covers the global endpoint security products market. It examines drivers and restraints for growth, pricing, distribution, and demand. The study includes vendors' market shares and competitive analysis of the key vendors in the industry. The market is further divided into the following three segments: consumer, midsize, and enterprise. The base year is 2011, and forecasts run through 2016.
- Endpoint security is a traditional, mature technology, but vendors continue to improve security technologies to keep up with the complex threat environment.
- The increase of endpoints in the market enables users to access the Internet at any time, from anywhere, connecting to a multitude of applications and data sources.
- Users more frequently access the Internet for corporate or personal use through a variety of devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
- Cybercriminals are taking advantage of the growing number of these devices, using them to distribute malware.
- Consumers and enterprise customers demand innovative, proactive security technology that protects their endpoints from a diversity of advanced threats.
- Vendors are revamping their traditional endpoint security solutions to provide additional features such as data protection, application and device control, and Web and e-mail protection.
- Endpoint security vendors are under pressure to offer solutions to consumers and organizations that provide added value, effective performance, and remediation tools.
- As the use of mobile devices becomes more widespread, protection offerings from endpoint security vendors are becoming increasingly more important to end users.
- In addition, organizations are challenged in how to manage endpoints within cloud and virtual environments.
- The increasingly complex IT environment highlights the need for better management and protection tools for all types of computing systems.
- Although this market is extremely competitive, newer companies are gaining market share by offering free endpoint security software.
- To succeed in this competitive market, vendors need to offer competitive pricing and value-added features such as encryption, data protection, and system management tools.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the endpoint security market still experiencing healthy growth, and if so, at what rate?
- Will this market continue to remain profitable despite the number of free products in the market?
- Who are the competitors in the market, and what type of products do they offer?
- Are today's products meeting customers' needs?
- Which products are growing fastest in each segment?
- How is this market changing? What type of acquisitions will happen in this market?
2. Market Overview
3. Total Endpoint Security Products Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Consumer Segment Breakdown
5. Midsize Segment Breakdown
6. Enterprise Segment Breakdown
7. Total Business Segment Market Share and Competitive Analysis
8. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)