- Language: English
- 31 Pages
- Published: October 2012
- Region: America, North America, United States
Global Pay TV Middleware Market
- ID: 2366090
- December 2012
- Region: Global
- Frost & Sullivan
This research service provides a detailed Market Engineering analysis of the Global Pay TV Middleware market which includes IPTV/Telco, Cable, and DBS segments, for North America/Latin America, Asia Pacific, and the Europe/Middle East/Africa regions, and ranks and explains drivers and restraints to each. It also provides revenue forecasts and CAGRs for each segment and global region. The service outlines current distribution channels in addition to forecasting and analyzing market demand and anticipates market trends.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How promising is the Pay TV middleware market, as defined? Is it still a compelling space to compete in?
- How disruptive to the Pay TV middleware market are streaming devices and the increasing ease of free content acquisition, and when, if ever, will they become real threats?
- What kinds of partnerships, product distribution, and business models must a Pay TV middleware vendor engage in to maintain a competitive edge in the next three to seven years?
- If the market opportunity remains promising and technology is helping growth, why are some firms divesting their middleware assets and redirecting resources to other product offerings?
- What are the implications of economic pressure on global middleware pricing models?
- How can Pay TV middleware vendors proactively leverage changing technology standards, TV consumption patterns, and interactive trends in both developed and emerging markets?
Market Engineering Measurements
Total Pay TV Middleware Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints-- Total Market
- Forecasts and Trends– Total Market
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis– Total Market
- Industry Trends and Implications
Global IPTV Segment Breakdown
Global Cable Segment Breakdown
Global DBS Segment Breakdown
Hot Company Watchlist
The Last Word - Predictions
|Question||What does "Pay TV Middleware" refer to?|
|Answer||Pay TV middleware is a software layer that resides inside a customer premise equipment (CPE), mainly set top boxes (STBs) connected to a television, and by communicating with a Pay TV service provider’s back-end systems, delivers paid-for video content experiences to the consumer through the TV.|