- Language: English
- Published: November 2012
This product is currently not available for purchase.
TrendSights: Informed Shopping
- ID: 2372584
- November 2012
- 134 pages
The pervasiveness of digital technologies, coupled with unstable economic conditions, has given rise to a new "tribe" of empowered consumers. With information at their fingertips, technology-enabled shoppers can scrutinize products, services, and companies to make better informed purchasing decisions. CPG players that ignore the online space and forego digital capabilities will get left behind.
- Pinpoint key marketing and innovation "platforms" that can be employed to entice new product trial. See how they relate to "on-trend" examples.
- Use a blend of consumer and innovation insight to understand how consumers want products that offer optimal transparency.
- Access a number of unique Datamonitor datasets to understand how the exponential changes in technology are transforming consumers' expectations.
- Utilize trend overview and sector-specific analysis of various categories.
Financial uncertainty provides the backdrop to this consumer empowerment, with nearly two thirds (65%) of global consumers claiming in 2011 to be concerned about their current financial situation. Such ongoing financial uncertainty serves as one of the key driving forces behind consumers' changing shopping habits.
Dramatic growth in mobile broadband, coupled with the ever-increasing adoption of smartphones, is further driving the shift in consumer influence and power. In 2011, smartphone penetration reached more than 40% in the US, UK, Spain, and Italy.
- What are the key mega-trends, trends, and sub-trends that are shaping the consumer and innovation landscape? Where does Informed Shopping fit?
- What is the Informed Shopping sub-trend? How does it impact consumers? What will it mean for core product and marketing innovation in my sector?
- To what extent were consumers conducting more online/digital activities in 2011 compared to one year prior throughout their path to purchase?
- How can new and emerging technologies be optimally integrated into consumer and retail product propositions? SHOW LESS READ MORE >