- Language: English
- 682 Pages
- Published: July 2014
- Region: Global
Cytotoxic Drug Delivery
- Published: May 2014
- Greystone Associates
The administration of drugs deemed hazardous to humans has been receiving increasing amounts of scrutiny in recent years as the dangers of these substances become more clearly understood. For caregivers and their patients, the therapeutic area that is at the forefront of attempts to mitigate exposure to cytotoxic drugs is clinical oncology, a field that – in spite of promising new drugs based on therapeutic antibodies – continues to rely heavily on antineoplastics, a class that includes alkylating agents and antimetabolites, to treat a wide range of cancers. Regulatory and industry efforts to create standards and procedures designed to protect workers and patients from accidental and incidental exposure to cytotoxics are being driven by data that suggests a causal link between exposure and health issues.
- What are the key segments and addressable markets that comprise the market for cytotoxic drug delivery?
- What are the major therapeutic demand drivers for cytotoxic drug therapeutics?
- What are the design factors and technologies that are being used in commercial and development-stage closed drug transfer systems?
- What is the market share and product position in the market and what will it look like in 2018?
- Who are the companies behind the current generation of cytotoxic transfer solutions and what are their business models?
- What is the role of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships in the commercialization and market access of new and emerging closed drug transfer systems?
- What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
The Executive Summary
Therapeutic Trends and Issues
The Administration of injectable/Infusable Antineoplastics
Drug Packaging and Administration Technology
Closed Drug Transfer – Driving Forces
Cytotoxic Drug Transfer Systems – The Current Generation
Key System Design Elements
Material Selection Issues
Drug Reconstitution and Dilution
Oncology Therapeutics Medication Safety
Oncology Drug Administration and Dosing
Drug-Specific Dosing Modification and Individualized Dosing
Closed Drug Transfer Commercial Device Assessments & Market Data
FDA Approved Products
Commercialized Non-FDA Approved Products
Closed Drug Transfer Component Suppliers
Level of Complexity and Ease of Use
Business Models and Strategies
Market Assessments and Forecasts
Other Geographic Markets