Training is crucial for both new and experienced employees. It provides both the company as a whole and the individual employees with a range of benefits. It can increase productivity, build confidence in the workforce and reduce employee turnover.
The Institute for Applied Management & Law, Inc. (IAML) has been a leading training provider since 1979, and has trained many thousands of professionals. Based in Newport Beach, California, they are the United States’ leading producer of comprehensive workplace training seminars.
In today’s blog, we’re going to take a closer look at two of their upcoming seminars in Orlando this summer.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS LAW SEMINAR
The Employee Relations Law Seminar runs from 17-21 July. It focuses on the relevant employment laws that impact the workplace, including Labor Law and Employment Discrimination Law. The program is for anyone who manages employees, and human resources professionals.
By attending the seminar, participants will be better equipped to handle employment law issues on a day-to-day basis. The seminar features experienced practicing employment law attorneys who are excellent instructors.
Block I: Labor Law in the Union and Non-Union Workplace
(Monday – Tuesday)
- Overview of Laws Governing the Employer-Union
- Achieving and Maintaining a Union-Free Workplace
- Changes in the Law and How they Affect You
- Collective Bargaining
- Strikes and Picketing Activity
- Operating Under a Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Successorship and the Law
Block II: Employment Discrimination Law
(Wednesday – Thursday)
- Overview of legal theories under Title VII and other Civil Rights Acts, including discrimination and harassment based upon race, sex, religion, national origin, age, and disability
- Strategies and Practical Advice for Dealing with Issues Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Developments in the Law Under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Resolving Discrimination Claims Without Litigation
- Litigating Discrimination Claims
- An Examination of Affirmative Action
Block III: Special Issues in Employee Relations Law
- Wage and Hour Issues
- Wrongful Discharge Litigation
- Employment-Related Tort Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Workplace Privacy Claims
- Protecting Confidential Information
- Ending the Union Relationship
ESSENTIALS OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SEMINAR
The Essentials of Human Resource Management Seminar also runs from the 17-21 July. The aim of the seminar is to provide a foundation in human resources management. The program provides an overview of employment law, and human resource management issues.
The program is designed for anyone new to human resources management, human resource professionals, and other managers looking for an overview. The program features an experienced human resource professional and employment law attorneys with excellent presentation skills.
Block I: Legal Aspects of HR Management
(Monday – Tuesday)
- Employment Discrimination Law
- Kinds of Discrimination
- How Discrimination is Proven
- Specific Laws/Rules Regarding Employment Termination
- Labor Standards Laws
- Labor Law – The National Labor Relations Act
- Potential Personal/Individual Liability of the Manager/Supervisor
- Safety and Security Issues in Today’s Workplace
- Employee Selection: Hiring and Interviewing Employees
- Managing, Training and Supervising Employees
- Evaluating/Appraising Employees
- Employee Discharge and Discipline
Block II: Human Resources Management
(Wednesday, Thursday, Friday morning)
- Strategic HR Management
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Diversity
- Staffing and Retention
- Talent Management, Performance Management and Development
- Compensation and Benefits
- Risk Management and Worker Protection
In-House, DVD, E-Learning & Webinars
Apart from seminars like the ones above, IAML also offers DVD and eLearning, and In-House Training Programs.
- In-House Programs - These highly-rated programs are carefully planned, practically-oriented, interesting and taught by the “best faculty in the world.”
- DVD Training Products - Its DVD offerings are comprised of two series with 38 titles which train employees in lawful workplace behavior. IAML offers a 33-title Employment Law Training Series and a 5-title Employment Law Compliance Program.
- E-Learning Solutions - IAML offers more than 100 engaging and interactive online courses to help employers manage risk and maximize performance. Each training course includes real-world examples and interactive exercises.
- Webinars - These 90-minute programs enable professionals cost-effective access to many of the nation’s leading experts on important issues.
Stay up-to-date with the latest trending news stories and industry advances with the Research and Markets blog. Don’t forget to connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter for the latest blog plus information about new products.