- Generic medicines make up nearly 50% of all medicines dispensed in the EU, and account for 18% of pharmaceutical spending.
- Generic medicines save EU patients and healthcare systems €25 billion every year.
- There are more than 700 generic companies in Europe employing 130,000 staff.
The European generic medicines industry makes a major contribution to European healthcare by providing cost-effective treatment for many of today's most common illnesses and conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, depression and high blood pressure. Providing sustainable treatment for these illnesses, which are particularly prevalent in older patients, is becoming increasingly difficult as Europe's population ages. In fact, the rapidly ageing population in Europe, the increase in the prevalence of certain diseases and the rise in prices for originator pharmaceuticals are creating a critical need for more generic medicines.
This report profiles the Top 20 Eastern European generic pharmaceutical manufacturers. These major companies have the experience, know-how and resources that enable them to identify patented products and make them available as a generic on the day of patent expiry. They manufacture multiple products in various dosage forms and in a wide variety of therapeutic classes and export them across the globe.
Profile information for each company in The Top 20 Eastern European Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers typically includes:
- Company Contact Information - Address, Telephone and Fax Numbers, Email and Website Address
- Key Company Decision Makers - From CEO and Main Board, to Key Senior Managers
- Specialised fields such as Company Description, Ownership, Products, Therapeutic Areas, Foreign Trade, Location Status, Year Established, Number of Employees and Turnover.
Report Target Market:
1) Pharmaceutical Companies
Usage: competitive/financial analysis and strategic partner/alliance identification.
This report is perfect for suppliers of raw materials and equipment necessary for pharmaceutical production.
The Top 20 Eastern European Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers is ideal for distributors of pharmaceuticals to identify the leading manufacturers with the best products and the widest ranges.
Note: Most people will be aware of some of the major Eastern European manufacturers of generic pharmaceuticals such as Gedeon Richter Plc, Krka, d. d. and Zentiva N.V. but this report looks at all 20 of the top companies - companies like - JSC Grindeks. Headquartered in Riga, Latvia, it is the leading pharmaceutical company in the Baltic states. Specializing in Cardiology, CNS and Oncology, it employs 800 staff and has an annual turnover of Euro 88.4 million.
Report data field structure is as follows:
Number of Employees
Research Facts is a world leader in life sciences publishing. It was established in Dublin, Ireland in 2004. Its partners have over forty years combined experience in the business information industry. Research Facts' customers include most of the world's major diagnostics, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies e.g. Roche, Abbott, Quintiles, Johnson & Johnson, Wyeth, GlaxoSmithKline, Medtronic, Siemens Medical, Philips Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Scientific, GE Healthcare, Ipsen, Teva, Edwards Lifesciences etc..
Research Facts' reports help you make informed decisions about the markets and organisations that affect your business.
- Learn more about your target markets and target companies
- Top level research on all major players in a market
- See which organisations dominate your major markets
- Get detailed information on particular organisations
Hardcopy: Bound report, A4 format, 43 pages
Electronic: pdf Version, A4 format, 43 pages
Generic Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturer, Europe.
Commercial League Bio Pharma Group Inc.
Deva Holding AS
Egis Pharmaceuticals PLC
Gedeon Richter Plc
Helvetia Pharma a.s.
Jadran Galenski laboratorij d.d.
Krka, d. d., Novo mesto
LaborMed Pharma SA
Zentiva Group, a.s. Praha