How prevalent are programs to manage ED throughput, and what kind of results are they achieving? What are the factors contributing to overcrowding, and what are the most successful strategies for reducing ED overcrowding?
2010 Healthcare Benchmarks: Emergency Room Throughput provides actionable information from 73 healthcare organizations on how they are responding to ED overcrowding and its effect on their organizations. This 13-page resource documents trends and metrics from existing ED management programs.
This exclusive report analyzes the responses of the 73 healthcare organizations to HIN's January 2009 Industry Survey on Emergency Room Throughput, presenting the data in easy-to-follow graphs and tables.
This industry snapshot is enhanced with guidelines for a successful medication adherence strategy from Connie Commander, president of Commander's Premier Consulting Corporation and past president of the Case Management Society of America.
This report provides expanded data on:
- Current and planned programs to reduce ED overcrowding;
- Top factors contributing to overcrowding;
- 17 strategies healthcare organizations are using to reduce ED overcrowding;
- The most effective throughput strategies in use by respondents;
- Challenges of launching a program to manage ED throughput;
- The complete January 2009 Emergency Department Throughput survey tool and more.
- Organizations with Overcrowded EDs
- Organizations with Programs to Address Overcrowded EDs
- Planning ER Throughput Program in Next 12 Months
- Top Three Factors Contributing to ER Overcrowding
- Strategies to Reduce ER Overcrowding
- Most Effective Strategy to Reduce ER Overcrowding
- Other Challenges of ER Overcrowding
- Respondent Demographics
Prescription for Success: Three Pillars of a Successful Medication Adherence Strategy
Benchmark Survey Tool: Emergency Room Throughput