The present report on Global In-vitro diagnostics includes- market analysis, driving forces, industry competition and trends prevailing in the industry. Market analysis section talks about global in-vitro market size; major markets (United States comprise the largest market for IVD products, followed by Japan.) and market by players and sector. Section under IVD in United States, the report analyzed demand for IVD products in the country with the description of demand by product type and sector forecast. Also the report discusses demand in the European Region and China. Growth drivers help to access the factors helping in the further growth and development of the sector. Further there are opportunities which may lead the industry growth in future. Also the report has included industry trends and players profiling which gives a better understanding to the report.
- In the global health care industry, IVD sector is one of the most lucrative segments with a market size of US$~ billion globally in 2007, while the global IVD market generated sales of over US$~ billion in 2008.
- Point of care professional diagnostics market has a market size of around US$~ billion in 2008 and is growing at around 5% every year.
- In the global scenario, approximately 80% of the market is held by the top ten players, Roche being the biggest with a market share of ~%. Abbott is closely behind holding ~%.
- The costs of the IVD tests are declining due to improvement in the instruments, reagents and related consumables.
- Molecular diagnostics is becoming one of the dominant platforms of clinical laboratory medicine, representing one of the fastest growing segments in the IVD industry.
- The demand for IVD products in United States is expected to reach US$~ billion in 2013 with an increase in the medical related activities, due to the aging demographic patterns, the volume of IVD testing procedures is bound to increase.
- In Clinical Chemistry there was an increase of 5.6% during 2003–2008, the demand for clinical chemistry IVD products reached US$~ billion in 2008.
- In Blood Testing, this segmentation witnessed a growth of 3.5% since 2003 and reached US$~ billion in 2008.
- The total European IVD market is valued at US$~ billion, growth was in the range of ~% versus 2007 (US$~ billion) and the market is expected to have a slow growth, which is attributed to the increase in the adoption of new technologies in the market.
- The market for IVDs in Austria is largely import oriented, with US having an import market share of ~% in 2007.
- Self test market drives the growth and is the most significant sector contributing to the market growth.
- Clinical Chemistry
- Near Patient Testing
- Molecular diagnostics
- Rapid Diagnostics
- Applied Science
- Blood Collection
1.1 Global Market Size
1.2 IVD Market by Geography
1.3 Global IVD Market by Players and Sector
1.3.1 Global Major Players
1.3.2 Market by Sector
2. IVD in United States
2.1 Demands by Product Type
2.2 U.S. IVD Sector Forecasts
3. IVD Market in Europe
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 IVD in Austria
4. IVD Demand in China
5. Growth Drivers
5.1 Prospects in Molecular Diagnostics Market
5.2 Point of Care Diagnostics Supporting IVD Demand
5.3 Positive Impact of Aging Population over IVD Market
5.4 Favoring Disposable Income in Developing Countries
5.5 Health Problems Leading Demand for Medical Treatment
6. Opportunities in Japan IVD Sector
6.1 Market Scenario in Japan
7. Recent Industry Trends
7.1 Contribution of Developing Countries in IVD Market
7.2 Cancer IVD Market
7.3 IVD Market in Poland
7.4 IVD Market in India
7.5 Clinical Lab Market in China Booming Despite Recession
7.6 Lab-on-a-Chip Technology
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Bayer AG
8.1.1 Corporate Structure
8.1.2 Business Developments
8.2.1 Corporate Structure
8.2.2 Financial Performance
8.3 Johnson & Johnson
8.3.2 Financial Performance
8.3.3 Company Strategies
8.4 Siemens AG
8.4.2 Company Strategies
List of Figures
Figure: Global IVD Market and Forecast (2008&2010E)
Figure: IVD Market by Geography in 2007-2008
Figure: Geographical Sales of IVD in 2007
Figure: Market Share of Global IVD Players in 2009
Figure: Global IVD Market Share by Sector in 2007
Figure: Global IVD Market Share by Sector in 2010
Figure: In Vitro Demand (2000-2009)
Figure: In-Vitro Diagnostics by Product Type in United States (2009)
Figure: China IVD Market Size (2007 & 2008)
Figure: Point of Care Testing Segments in 2008
Figure: WW Aging Population within age group 55 to 80+ (1996-2010)
Figure: Urban per capita Disposable Income in China (1998-2007)
Figure: US Prevalence of COPD by Geographic regions in 2007
Figure: IVD Market Share by Company in 2008
Figure: Value of IVD Market in Poland (2004-2012E)
Figure: Polish IVD Market by Sector in 2008
Figure: Share of IVD Segments in India in 2008
Figure: Bayer Revenues by Business Segment in 2009
Figure: Roche Sales in Diagnostic Division (2007-2009)
Figure: J&J Net Sales (2005-2009)
List of Tables
Table: In-Vitro Diagnostics Demand Forecast (2003, 2008 & 2013)
Table: IVD Market Statistics 2008
Table: In-Vitro Diagnostics Market (2007-2009)
Table: Population Aged between 65 Years Old for Selected Years
Table: The Japanese Market for IVDs and Medical Sample Testing Equipment in 2007
Table: Bayer Group Quarterly Sales (2008-2009)