A stunning visual survey of architectural rendering today that:
- Provides in-depth profiles of 14 of the top international rendering studios.
- Features images of landmark buildings, such as Foster’s British Museum, IM Pei’s Pyramid for the Louvre and OMA/Rem Koolhaas’ Central Library for Seattle.
- Includes architectural designs by high-profile practices: Asymptote, Jean Nouvel, UN Studio and Zaha Hadid Architects.
- Supplies key insights into the working methods of specialist rendering studios and their application of manual and digital technologies.
- Features informative essays by Fabrizio Avella, Professor of Drawing and Measuring and Digital Drafting at the University of Palermo, and Augusto Romano Burelli, Dean of the Department of Architecture at the University of Udine.
Simon Jones & Associates, UK ● Lee Dunnette, USA ● Dennis Allain, USA ● Kirk Fromm, design + illustration, USA ● ArtandDesign-Studios.com, USA ● Andy Hickes Digital Architectural Illustration, USA ● LABTOP RENDERING, France Rendertaxi GbR, Germany ● studio amd, painting + motion, USA ● Federico Pitzalis, Italy ● Marco Giovanni De Angelis /Studio Vision Srl, Italy ● ArtefactoryLab, France ● Pure, Germany ● Stack! Studios Srl, Italy
Fabrizio Avella: Drawing between history and digital innovation.
Augusto Romano Burelli: Architectural drawing in the age of digital reproduction.
Fabio Schillaci: To draw or not to draw?
Simon Jones & Associates.
Marco Giovanni De Angelis.
Fabio Schillaci: The making of a render.