- Combines software and hardware aspects of the system design.
- Defines components and services supported by open–source and commercial basic and extended software platforms, including operating systems, middleware, security, routing, management layer and more.
- Focuses on disruptive technologies.
- Provides guidelines for developing software architectures based on multi–threaded, multi–process, multi–instance, multi–core, multi–chip, multi–blade and multi–chassis designs.
- Covers a number of advanced high–speed interconnect and fabric interface technologies and their commercial implementations.
- Presents different system form factors from compact pizza–box styles to medium and large bladed systems, including IBM BladeCenter, ATCA and microTCA–based chassis. Describes different mezzanine cards, such as PMC, PrPMC, XMC, AMC and others.
2. System View.
2.1 System Architecting.
2.2 Platform–based Approach.
2.3 System Verification.
3. Hardware Technologies and Platforms.
3.1 Different Form Factors.
3.2 Stacking chassis.
3.3 Cluster Computing.
3.4 Inter–blade Interconnect.
3.5 Hardware Solutions for Data, Control and Management Planes Processing.
4 Software Technologies and Platforms.
4.1 Basic Software Platform.
4.2 Expanded Software Platform.
4.3 Single–Threaded and Multi–X Software Designs.
4.4 Partitioning OS and Virtualization.