This groundbreaking 150+ page Strategy Report describes the new Telco 2.0 Strategic Business Model Framework, identifies 5 new categories of Operators, and benchmarks the primary strategies needed by each to evolve and thrive in the new industry environment.
The report describes:
- The ‘Six Telco 2.0 Opportunity Types’;
- 5 new categories of operator;
- Telco 2.0’s principles of disruptive innovation;
- Global examples of ‘best practice’ against the new Telco 2.0 Business Model Framework;
- Core enabling and transformation strategies for all operators;
- Specific strategies for each category of operator.
Who should read this report?
Building on Telco 2.0’s unique industry perspective and the opportunities identified in the ‘$125Bn Telco 2.0 ‘Two-Sided’ Market Opportunity’ Report and the ‘New Mobile, Fixed and Wholesale Broadband Business Models’ Strategy Reports, the report is for strategy decision makers and influences across the TMT (Telecoms, Media and Technology) sector. In particular, CxOs, Strategists, Technologists, Marketers, Product Managers, and Legal and Regulatory leaders in telecoms operators, vendors, consultants, and analyst companies. It will also be valuable to those managing or considering medium to long-term investment in the telecoms and adjacent industries, and to regulators and legislators.
The Industry Challenge
The Telecommunications Industry faces radical change. Core markets are maturing or declining, and the structure of the industry is being dissolved by the combination of so-called OTT players, major vendors becoming potential 'frenemies', internal competition, governments, regulators, and changing consumer behaviours.
What are the Key Questions it Answers?
- Where should your company be investing for growth?
- What is 'best practice' in telecoms Telco 2.0 business model innovation and how does your company compare to it?
- Which additional strategies should you consider, and which should you avoid?
- What are the key emerging trends to monitor?
- What actions are required in the areas of value proposition, technology, value / partner network, and finances?
For Vendors and Partners:
- How to segment telecoms operators?
- How well does your offering support Telco 2.0 strategies and transformation needs in your key customers?
- What are the most attractive new areas in which you could support telcos in business model innovation?
For Investors and Regulators:
- What are the principle opportunity areas for operators?
- What are and will be operator's main strategic considerations with respect to new business models?
- What are the major regulatory considerations of new business models?
- What are the main advantages and disadvantages that telcos have in each opportunity area?
- A Telco 2.0 'Strategy Report'
- 150+ pages
- 50+ figures and charts
- PDF manuscript format
Pressures on Operators
The new Telco 2.0 Framework
Principles of Innovation and Services Delivery
- Strategic Positioning
- Development and delivery
Category 1: Leading international operators
Category 2: Regional leaders
Category 3: Wholesale and business-focused telcos
Category 4: Challengers & disruptors
Category 5: Smaller national leaders
Conclusions and Recommendations