The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter pharmacogenomics partnering deals. The majority of deals are discovery or development stage whereby the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors pharmacogenomics technology. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
This report provides details of the latest Pharmacogenomics agreements announced in the healthcare sectors.
Pharmacogenomics focusses on the influence of genetic variation on drug response in patients by correlating gene expression or single nucleotide polymorphisms with a drug’s efficacy or toxicity.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner’s negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases do not.
This report contains over 300 links to online copies of actual pharmacogenomics deals and contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Pharmacogenomics dealmaking and business activities. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Pharmacogenomics dealmaking since 2010, including details of average headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading Pharmacogenomics deals since 2010. Deals are listed by headline value, signed by big pharma, most active Pharmacogenomics dealmaking companies. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in Pharmacogenomics dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of Pharmacogenomics deals, as well as contract documents available in the public domain. Where available, each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Pharmacogenomics partnering deals signed and announced since Jan to 2010, where a contract document is available in the public domain. The chapter is organized by company A-Z, deal type (collaborative R&D, co-promotion, licensing etc), and specific therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 7 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Pharmacogenomics partnering deals signed and announced since Jan to 2010. The chapter is organized by specific Pharmacogenomics technology type in focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
In addition, a comprehensive appendix is provided organized by Pharmacogenomics partnering company A-Z, deal type definitions and Pharmacogenomics partnering agreements example. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Pharmacogenomics partnering and dealmaking since 2010.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Pharmacogenomics technologies and products.
Global Pharmacogenomics Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2018 provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of pharmacogenomics deal trends since 2010
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Analysis of the structure of pharmacogenomics agreements with real life case studies
- Detailed access to actual pharmacogenomic contracts enter into by the leading fifty bigpharma companies
- Insight into the terms included in a pharmacogenomic agreement, together with real world clause examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
Global Pharmacogenomics Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2018 is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to pharmacogenomic trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Global Pharmacogenomics Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2018 includes:
- Trends in pharmacogenomics dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2010
- Analysis of pharmacogenomic deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Case studies of real-life pharmacogenomics deals
- Access to over 300 pharmacogenomics online deal records
- The leading pharmacogenomics deals by value since 2010
- Most active pharmacogenomics dealmakers since 2010
- The leading pharmacogenomics partnering resources
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy target
The Global Pharmacogenomics Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2018 report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 300 pharmacogenomic deals. Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise pharmacogenomic rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How aresalesand payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - Trends in Pharmacogenomics dealmaking
2.2. Pharmacogenomics partnering over the years
2.3. Most active Pharmacogenomics dealmakers
2.4. Pharmacogenomics partnering by deal type
2.5. Pharmacogenomics partnering by therapy area
2.6. Deal terms for Pharmacogenomics partnering
2.6.1 Pharmacogenomics partnering headline values
2.6.2 Pharmacogenomics deal upfront payments
2.6.3 Pharmacogenomics deal milestone payments
2.6.4 Pharmacogenomics royalty rates
Chapter 3 - Leading Pharmacogenomics deals
3.2. Top Pharmacogenomics deals by value
Chapter 4 - Most active Pharmacogenomics dealmakers
4.2. Most active Pharmacogenomics dealmakers
4.3. Most active Pharmacogenomics partnering company profiles
Chapter 5 - Pharmacogenomics contracts dealmaking directory
5.2. Pharmacogenomics contracts dealmaking directory
Chapter 6 - Pharmacogenomics dealmaking by technology type
Chapter 7 - Partnering resource center
7.1. Online partnering
7.2. Partnering events
7.3. Further reading on dealmaking
Appendix 1 - Pharmacogenomics deals by company A-Z
Appendix 2 - Pharmacogenomics deals by stage of development
Appendix 3 - Pharmacogenomics deals by deal type
Appendix 4 - Pharmacogenomics deals by therapy area
Appendix 5 -Deal type definitions
About the Publisher
Table of figures
Figure 1: Pharmacogenomics partnering since 2010
Figure 2: Active Pharmacogenomics dealmaking activity- 2010 to 2018
Figure 3: Pharmacogenomics partnering by deal type since 2010
Figure 4: Pharmacogenomics partnering by disease type since 2010
Figure 5: Pharmacogenomics deals with a headline value
Figure 6: Pharmacogenomics deals with an upfront value
Figure 7: Pharmacogenomics deals with a milestone value
Figure 9: Top Pharmacogenomics deals by value since 2010
Figure 10: Most active Pharmacogenomics dealmakers 2010 to 2018
Figure 11: Online partnering resources
Figure 12: Forthcoming partnering events