The book is based on data collected during the past 10 years by Zackenberg Ecological Research Operations (ZERO) at Zackenberg Research Station in northeast Greenland. This volume covers the function of Arctic ecosystems based on the most comprehensive long-term data set in the world from a well-defined Arctic ecosystem. Editors offer a comprehensive and authoritative analysis of how climate variability is influencing an Arctic ecosystem and how the Arctic ecosystems have inherent feedback mechanisms interacting with climate variability or change.
* The latest research on the functioning of Arctic ecosystems
* Supplements current books on Arctic climate impact assessment as a case study for ecological specialists
* Discusses the complex perpetuating effects on Earth
* Vital information on modeling ecosystem responses to understand future climates
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Allometry of body size and abundance in 166 food webs
3. Modeling individual animal histories with multistate capture-recapture models
4. Model systems and the comparative approach in ecology: sustained research on stream communities
5. Empirical evidences of density-dependence in populations of large herbivores