- This volume includes reviews on some of the hottest topics in pharmacology, including:
- Multidrug resistance and the MDR1 gene in gene therapy
- Regulation of calcium channels in epithelial cells
- Gene therapy and vascular disease
- Potential therapeutic applications for Heparin
- Calcium channel blockers
- Antithrombotic agents
- Regulation of potassium channels in epithelial cells
Anders, M. W.
Ferid Murad was born in Whiting, Indiana. Working concurrently on an M.D. and Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Dr. Murad graduated with both degrees from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, in 1965. His many honors include the Alfred S. Maschke Award for Clinical Excellence from Case Western Reserve University in 1965. He has held several distinguished positions, including Acting Chairman in the Department of Medicine and Acting Division Chief, Division of Respiratory Medicine at Stanford University. He currently is CEO and President of Molecular Geriatrics Corporation in Lake Bluff, Illinois. Dr. Murad is married and has five children.
Coyle, Joseph T.