Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes, Volume 6, continues to include invited chapters on a broad range of topics, covering both main arrangements of the reconstituted system, namely planar lipid bilayers and spherical liposomes. The invited authors present the latest results in this exciting multidisciplinary field of their own research group.
Many of the contributors working in both fields over many decades were in close collaboration with the late Prof. H. Ti Tien, the founding editor of this book series. There are also chapters written by some of the younger generation of scientists included in this series. This volume keeps in mind the broader goal with both systems, planar lipid bilayers and spherical liposomes, which is the further development of this interdisciplinary field worldwide.
- Contributions from newcomers and established and experienced researchers
- Exploring theoretically and experimentally the planar lipid bilayer systems and spherical liposomes
- This volume is dedicated to mark the Bilayer Lipid Membranes 45th anniversary
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Rapid purification and reconstruction of recombinant voltage-gated sodium channels into planar BLMs (J. Dalziel)
3. Insights in the organization and dynamic of erythrocyte lipid rafts (U. Salzer)
4. Interactions of erythroid and nonerythroid spectrins and other membrane skeletal proteins with lipid mono- and bilayers (A.F. Sikorski)
5. Liposome Based Biomembrane Mimetic Systems: Implications for Lipid-Peptide Interactions (K. Lohner)
6. Application of spin labeling EPR and ATR-FTIR spectroscopies to the study of membrane heterogeneity (J. Strancar)
7. Electroporation of planar lipid bilayers and membranes (A. Maèek Lebar)
8. Cytoskeletal proteins at the lipid membrane (W.H. Goldmann)