Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes volumes cover a broad range of topics, including main arrangements of the reconstituted system, namely planar lipid bilayers as well as spherical liposomes. The invited authors present the latest results of their own research groups in this exciting multidisciplinary field.
- Incorporates contributions from newcomers and established and experienced researchers
- Explores the planar lipid bilayer systems and spherical liposomes from both theoretical and experimental perspectives
- Serves as an indispensable source of information for new scientists
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Lipid and membrane dynamics in Biological Tissues -Infrared Spectroscopic Studies Satoshi Yoshida and Kenzo Koike
- Mechanical properties of bilayer lipid membranes and protein-lipid interactions Tibor Hianik
- Cytoskeletal Reorganization of Red Blooc Cell Shape: Curling of free edges and Malaria Merozoites Doron Kabasoa, Roie Shlomovitz, Thorsten Auth, Virgilio L. Lew, and Nir S. Gov
- Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conversion in Biomembranes: General Principles and Model System Studies Felix T. Hong
- A Multiparametric Fluorescence Approach for Biomembrane Studies Ahmed A. Heikal
- Electromechanical basis for the interaction between osteoblasts and negatively charged titanium surface Ekaterina Gongadze, Sarka Perutkov, Veronika Kralj-Iglic , Ursula van Rienenb, Ales Iglic, Doron Kabaso
Ales Iglic received his B.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in physics and M.Sc. degree in biophysics from the Department of Physics, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, all from the University of Ljubljana. He is a Full Professor and the Head of Laboratory of Biophysics of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering at University of Ljubljana. His main research interests are in electrostatics, mechanics and statistical physics of lipid nanostructures and biological membranes. He is devoted to higher education, basic research in biophysics and close contacts to clinical practice. Prof. Iglic was visiting scientist and professor at Åbo Academy University in Turku (Finland), Friedrich Schiller University in Jena (Germany) and Czech Technical University in Prague (Czech Republic). He established collaborations with researchers from different universities across the Europe, USA and India and was supervisor of many M.Sc., Ph.D. and postdoctoral students from Slovenia, Czech Republic, Poland, Iran, Bulgaria, Germany, India and Israel. Since 2009 is the editor of Elsevier book series »Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes« (APLBL).