* Assumes no previous training in statistics
* Explains how and why modern statistical methods provide more accurate results than conventional methods
* Covers the latest developments on multiple comparisons
* Includes recent advances in risk-based methods
* Features many illustrations and examples using data from real studies
* Describes and illustrates easy-to-use s-plus functions for applying cutting-edge techniques
* Covers many contemporary ANOVA (analysis of variance) and regression methods not found in other books
Rand R. Wilcox has a Ph.D. in psychometrics, and is a professor of psychology at the University of Southern California. Wilcox's main research interests are statistical methods, particularly robust methods for comparing groups and studying associations. He also collaborates with researchers in occupational therapy, gerontology, biology, education and psychology. Wilcox is an internationally recognized expert in the field of Applied Statistics and has concentrated much of his research in the area of ANOVA and Regression. Wilcox is the author of 12 books on statistics and has published many papers on robust methods. He is currently an Associate Editor for four statistics journals and has served on many editorial boards. He has given numerous invited talks and workshops on robust methods.