Applying Contemporary Statistical Techniques explains why traditional statistical methods are often inadequate or outdated when applied to modern problems. Wilcox demonstrates how new and more powerful techniques address these problems far more effectively, making these modern robust methods understandable, practical, and easily accessible.
* Assumes no previous training in statistics
* Explains how and why modern statistical methods provide more accurate results than conventional methods
* Covers the latest developments on multiple comparisons
* Includes recent advances in risk-based methods
* Features many illustrations and examples using data from real studies
* Describes and illustrates easy-to-use s-plus functions for applying cutting-edge techniques
* Covers many contemporary ANOVA (analysis of variance) and regression methods not found in other books
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Rand R. Wilcox has a Ph.D. in psychometrics, and is a professor of psychology at the University of Southern California. Wilcox's main research interests are statistical methods, particularly robust methods for comparing groups and studying associations. He also collaborates with researchers in occupational therapy, gerontology, biology, education and psychology. Wilcox is an internationally recognized expert in the field of Applied Statistics and has concentrated much of his research in the area of ANOVA and Regression. Wilcox is the author of 12 books on statistics and has published many papers on robust methods. He is currently an Associate Editor for four statistics journals and has served on many editorial boards. He has given numerous invited talks and workshops on robust methods.