During the past 10 years, the Oil industry in India has seen a tremendous rise in exploration activity with several major E&P companies generating vast amount of new geological and geophysical data. The availability of such integrated data sets (gravity, magnetic, seismic, drilled wells), especially in the deep offshore basins, has led the authors to revisit earlier concepts and models in order to redefine the tectonic framework of major offshore basins along the Indian continental margins. The book covers the stratigraphic evolution, play types and the classification of major offshore basins both in shallow and deepwater environments.
- Incorporation of latest dataset (specially the seismic, gravity and magnetic)
- Analogy of global offshore basins with India
- Sedimentation and depositional history of Bengal fan and Indus fan
- Redefinition of major tectonic framework of the margins
- Exceleent high quality graphics that include: seismic sections, gravity-magnetic maps, conceptual geological models and new revised tectonic elements
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Ch. 1: Introduction Ch. 2: Reconstruction of Eastern Gondwanaland Breakup and Evolution of the Passive Continental Margins of India Ch. 3: Regional Tectonic Framework and Crustal Structure Ch. 4: Sedimentation History and Development of Fan System along the Continental Margins of India Ch. 5: Sedimentary Basins Along the East Coast of India: Subsurface Geology, Depositional History, and Petroleum Systems Ch. 6: Subsurface Geology, Depositional History, and Petroleum Systems Along the Western Offshore Basins of India Ch. 7: Exploration in the Indian Offshore Basins
Some Challenging Issues Related to Imaging and Drilling Ch. 8: Summary