- Provides the streamlined coverage appropriate for one-semester courses or independent study, with all of the necessary but none of the excessive information- Prepares readers to move to the next level of study (whether they continue on in the field or transition to medicine/industry)- Presents concepts through extensive four-color visuals, appealing to a range of learning styles- Promotes critical thinking through open-ended questions throughout the narrative and at the end of each chapter
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Distribution of Elements
2. Biological Necessity for and the Behaviors of Inorganic Elements
3. How Do Enzymes Work?
4. Reactions of Acid-Base Type and Functions of Metal Cations
5. Reactions of Oxidation-Reduction Type including Electron Transfer Processes
6. Oxygen-Carrying Processes and Oxygenation Reactions
7. Metal-Involving Free Radical Reactions
8. Nitrogen Fixation
9. Other Essential Elements
10. Metal-related Physiology
11. Environmental Bioinorganic Chemistry
12. Medical Applications of Inorganic Compounds: Medicinal Inorganic Chemistry