. Latest information on reproductive physiology, genetics, and breeding
. Comprehensive treatment of catfish nutrition, feeds, and feeding practices
. Water quality management and pond dynamics
. In-depth review of immunology in channel catfish
. Practical information on diseases and health management
. Techniques for commercial culture, including innovative techniques such as raceways, recirculating systems, and partitioned aquaculture systems
. Catfish economics and marketing
. Exploration of environmental concerns, including recommended Best Management Practices
1. Industry development (J.A. Hargreaves, C.S. Tucker).
2. Natural history and fisheries (D.C. Jackson).
3. Environmental biology (J.A. Hargreaves, J.R. Tomasso Jr.).
4. Reproductive physiology (J.T. Silverstein, B.C. Small).
5. Genetics and breeding (W.R. Wolters, T.R. Tiersch).
6. Broodfish management (A.M. Kelly).
7. Hatchery management (J.L. Avery, J.A. Steeby).
8. Culture methods (C.S. Tucker, J.L. Avery, D. Heikes).
9. Pond hydrology (C.E. Boyd).
10. Pond water quality (C.S. Tucker, J.A. Hargreaves).
11. Nutrition (M.H. Li, E.H. Robinson, B.B. Manning).
12. Feeds and feeding practices (E.H. Robinson, B.B. Manning, M.H. Li).
13. Immunology (M.M. Moore, J.P. Hawke).
14. Infectious diseases (J.P. Hawke, L.H. Khoo).
15. Health management (D.J. Wise et al.).
16. Bird depredation (J.F. Glahn, D.T. King).
17. Cages and in-pond raceways (M.P. Masser).
18. Flow-through and recirculating systems (T.M. Losordo, L.E. Ray, D.P. DeLong).
19. Partitioned aquaculture systems (D.E. Brune et al.).
20. Processing (D.L. Marshall).
21. Marketing and economics (C.R. Engle, T.R. Hanson).
22. Environmental issues (C.E. Boyd, J.A. Hargreaves).