- An introduction to biophysics for non-specialist
- Covers all the important topices in modern biophysics
- Takes account of the latest information emerging from biophysical projects
- Reports on novel therapeutic strategies
- Presents an advanced-level overview of mechanisms that regulate a variety of processes in organisms ranging from bacterial to whales
Born in 1947 in Moscow, Russia. Graduated from Moscow Physico-Technical University in 1969. Then studied electrical fields emerging in brain and heart. Got first scientific degree -candidate in physics and math - in 1972. Then worked for Cardiology Research Center (Moscow, Russia) studying mechanics of heart muscle, and got doctoral degree in biology in 1988. Now working for Institute of Developmental Biology (Moscow, Russia).