Boundary Value Problems, Sixth Edition, is the leading text on boundary value problems and Fourier series for professionals and students in engineering, science, and mathematics who work with partial differential equations. In this updated edition, author David Powers provides a thorough overview of solving boundary value problems involving partial differential equations by the methods of separation of variables. Additional techniques used include Laplace transform and numerical methods.
The book contains nearly 900 exercises ranging in difficulty from basic drills to advanced problem-solving exercises.
Professors and students agree that Powers is a master at creating examples and exercises that skillfully illustrate the techniques used to solve science and engineering problems.
- Online SSM- [external URL]
- Online ISM- [external URL]
- Companion site, Ebook- [external URL]
- Student Solution Manual for Sixth Edition - [external URL] animations and graphics of solutions, additional exercises and chapter review questions on the web
- Nearly 900 exercises ranging in difficulty from basic drills to advanced problem-solving exercises
- Many exercises based on current engineering applications
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Fourier Series and Integrals
2. The Heat Equation
3. The Wave Equation
4. The Potential Equation
5. Higher Dimensions and Other Coordinates
6. Laplace Transform
7. Numerical Methods