- Emphasis on interconnection among phase equilibria, thermodynamics and microstructure of alloys
- Systematic overview of all phase diagrams with Al that are important for the development of casting aluminium alloys
- Diagrams ("processing windows") of important technological properties such as castability, molten metal fluidity, tendency to hot pre-solidification cracking, porosity
- Mathematical models for alloy mechanical properties facilitating the down-selection of best prospect candidates for new alloy development
- New principles of design of eutectic casting aluminium alloys
- Examples of successful novel casting alloy development, including alloys for high-strength applications, alloys with transition metals, and novel alloys utilizing aluminium scrap
Dr. Glazoff holds three doctorate degrees: Materials Science and Engineering; Chemistry, and in the spring of 2015 completed his doctorate in Nuclear Engineering from the University of Idaho. He has been involved for over 17 years in the R & D industry, as well as having held a number of academic positions.
Zolotorevsky, Vadim S
Vadim S Zolotorevsky is currently Professor of Materials Science and Light Alloys at Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys, Russia. His areas of expertise include Physical metallurgy of Aluminium alloys, including nonequilibrium solidification, structure formation during solidification and its evolution during heat treating and plastic deformation, development of new Al-alloys.
He has published 8 books, over 200 papers in scientific journals, and has been involved with over 50 patents and inventions.
Belov, Nikolai A
Nikolay A. Belov is currently the Chief Scientist and Professor of Materials Science and Light Alloys at National University of Science and Technology MISiS (former name "Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys), Russia. His areas of expertise include Physical Metallurgy of Aluminum alloys, including development of new Al-alloys (both casting and wrought), analysis of multicomponent phase diagrams, structure formation during solidification and its evolution during heat treating and plastic deformation. He has published 17 books, over 300 papers in scientific journals and conference proceedings, and has been involved with over 50 patents and inventions.