professionals in the chemical, bioprocess, and biotech sectors, and all those concerned with bioseparation, bioprocessing, unit-operations and process engineering.
Key topics covered include a full introduction to centrifugation, sedimentation and separation; detailed coverage of centrifuge types, including batch and semi-batch centrifuges, disk-stack and tubular decanter centrifuges; methods for increasing solids concentration; laboratory and pilot testing of centrifuges; selection and sizing centrifuges; scale-up of equipment, performance prediction and analysis of test results using numerical simulation.
- A comprehensive guide to centrifuges, their optimal development and operation in the biotechnology industry
- Applications for the separation of proteins, DNA, mitochondria, ribosomes, lysosomes and other cellular elements
- Provides detailed process information and data to assist in the development of particular processes from existing systems
- Explores the commercial applications of centrifuges in biotechnology
- Guidance on troubleshooting and optimizing centrifuges
Problems; 4.Disk Centrifuge; 5.Decanter Centrifuge; 6.Commercial Applications of Centrifugation in Biotechnology; 7.Concentrating Solids by Centrifugation; 8.Lab and Pilot Testing; 9.Selection and Sizing of Centrifuges; 10.Troubleshoot and Optimization; 11.Flow Visualization and Separation Modeling of Tubular Centrifuge; 12. Disk Stack Modeling; 13.Performance Projection of Centrifuges in Bioseparation; 14.Rotating Membrane in Bioseparation
Dr. Wallace Woon-Fong Leung is Chair Professor of Innovative Products and Technologies, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Director, Research Institute of Innovative Products and Technologies, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.