(1) phenomena that are definite and can be expressed by formulas such as differential equations
(2) phenomena that can be expressed only by probability terms.
The focus of Chemical Engineering - A new Perspective is on "information entropy". The main themes covered are mixing, separation, turbulent structure, particle size distribution and degree of uncertainty. The book recognizes that the information entropy may not be the only viewpoint, and how the degree of information entropy is useful for the other phenomena.
* Introduction of information entropy to chemical engineering
* Assertion of the significance of a consistent viewpoint
* Presenting new information about phenomena that can be treated by probability terms
Chapter 2: Mixing Phenomena
Chapter 3: Separation Phenomena
Chapter 4: Turbulent Phenomena
Chapter 5: Particle Size Distribution
Chapter 6: Anxiety/Expectation