Specifically some of the disciplines in which the book will be readily useful are (i) Computational Mathematics, (ii) Applied Mathematics/Computational Engineering, Numerical and Computational Physics, Simulation and Modelling. Operations Research (both deterministic and stochastic), Computing Methodologies, Computer Applications, and Numerical Methods in Engineering.
- Describes precisely ready-to-use computational error and complexity
- Includes simple easy-to-grasp examples wherever necessary.
- Presents error and complexity in error-free, parallel, and probabilistic methods.
- Discusses deterministic and probabilistic methods with error and complexity.
- Points out the scope and limitation of mathematical error-bounds.
- Provides a comprehensive up-to-date bibliography after each chapter.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Error: Precisely What, Why, and How
Chapter 3: Complexity: What, Why, and How
Chapter 4: Errors and Approximations in Digital Computers
Chapter 5: Error and Complexity in Numerical Methods
Chapter 6: Error and Complexity in Error-Free, Parallel, and Probabilistic Computations
Syamal Kumar Sen Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL, USA.