Advances in Life Course Research publishes original theoretical analyses, integrative reviews, policy analyses and position papers, and theory-based empirical papers on issues involving all aspects of the human life course. Adopting a broad conception of the life course, it invites and welcomes contributions from all disciplines and fields of study interested in understanding, describing, and predicting the antecedents of and consequences for the course that human lives take from birth to death, within and across time and cultures, regardless of methodology, theoretical orientation, or disciplinary affiliation. Each volume is organized around a unifying theme.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. 'CONSTRUCTING ADULTHOOD': AGENCY AND SUBJECTIVITY IN THE TRANSITION TO ADULTHOOD **-**
PART II: AGENCY: THEORETICAL AND METHODOLOGICAL ISSUES
2. AGENCY: AN EMPIRICAL MODEL OF AN ABSTRACT CONCEPT **-**
Steven Hitlin and Glen H. Elder, Jr.
3. 'GROWING UP ALONE:' THE ABSENCE OF YOUNG WOMEN'S POSITIVE LIFE MODELS **-**
4. CHANCE EVENTS IN THE LIFE COURSE **-**
Michael J. Shanahan and Erik Porfeli
5. SELECTION PROCESSES AND VOCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: **-**
A MULTI-METHOD APPROACH
Melanie J. Zimmer-Gimbeck and Jeylan Mortimer
6. CHILDHOOD DISADVANTAGE, ADOLESCENT DEVELOPMENT, **-**
AND PRO-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR IN EARLY ADULTHOOD
J. Brian Brown and Daniel T. Lichter
PART III: SUBJECTIVITY IN THE LIFE COURSE: ISSUES AND APPLICATIONS
7. A SUBJECTIVE APPROACH TO SCHOOLING AND THE **-**
TRANSITION TO ADULTHOOD
8. ENTRY INTO ADULTHOOD: ARE ADULT ROLE TRANSITIONS **-**
MEANINGFUL MARKERS OF ADULT IDENTITY
Janel Benson and Frank F. Furstenberg, Jr.
9. THE 'INNER SIDE' OF THE TRANSITION TO ADULTHOOD: HOW **-**
YOUNG ADULTS SEE THE PROCESS OF BECOMING AND ADULT
Megan Andrew, Jennifer Eggerling-Boeck, Gary Sandefur and Buffy Smith
10. THE TRANSITION TO ADULTHOOD FROM THE PERSPECTIVE **-**
OF TRANSITIONING YOUNG ADULTS: FINDINGS FROM A NEW
BATTERY OF INTENSIVE INTERVIEWS
Doug Hartmann and Teresa Toguchi Swartz
11. RELATIVE AGE IN THE TRANSITION TO ADULTHOOD **-**
Monica Kirkpatrick Johnson, Justin A. Berg, and Toni Sirotzki