- Chapter review questions provide an opportunity to synthsize the material from the chapters.
1. Controversies in Policing before September 11, 2001
2. The Order vs. Freedom Debate after September 11, 2001
Section II: The Role of the Police in a Democratic Society
3. Policing in the Age of Terrorism
4. Community Policing: Is it Really Soft on Crime?
5. Police Culture in a Changing Multicultural Environment
Section III: Operational Issues in Policing
6. Police Use of Deadly Force
7. Racial Profiling
8. "As Time Goes By:" The Expansion of Women's Roles in Police Work
Section IV: EThical Issues and Police Deviance
9. Ethical Issues in Policing
10. Police Officers, Excessive Force, and Civil Liability