Author Jami St. Clair has more than 20 years experience in forensic science and served as President of the American Society of Crime Lab Directors in 1998-1999. She and her colleagues have designed this book to be useful for supervisors at every level. With its combination of classic management theories and practical information, this unique resource will help managers ensure that their laboratories operate efficiently and survive the intense scrutiny of today's criminal justice system. It will also help students and professional with an interest in forensic science and crime laboratory operation to better understand the functions of labs and the critical role they play in handling and analyzing evidence.
* Shows how to handle a wide variety of administrative and operational issues in forensic laboratories
* Provides new and experienced managers with practical information from qualified experts
* Outlines standards and procedures to help ensure quality results from laboratory analyses
2. Human Resource Management
4. Quality Processes
5. Strategic Management
6. Project Management
7. Resource Management
8. Effective Communications
9. Safety in the Forensic Lab
Jami J. St. Clair has more than 20 years of experience in forensic science and is past President of the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD). She has provided expert witness testimony in over 100 criminal and civil trials and has been the Crime Laboratory Manager for the Columbus Division of Police for over 10 years.