- Isoforms of guanylyl cyclase and phosphodiesterase isoenzyme families for cyclic GMP synthesis and hydrolysis
- Cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinase
- Hormones and ligands that regulate GMP formation and/or metabolism
- Effects of cyclic GMP on other second messengers and some functions such as smooth muscle relaxation and ion transport
- Clinical studies with cyclic GMP and atrial natriuretic peptide
- Important questions and experiments for the future
Anders, M. W.
Ferid Murad was born in Whiting, Indiana. Working concurrently on an M.D. and Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Dr. Murad graduated with both degrees from Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, in 1965. His many honors include the Alfred S. Maschke Award for Clinical Excellence from Case Western Reserve University in 1965. He has held several distinguished positions, including Acting Chairman in the Department of Medicine and Acting Division Chief, Division of Respiratory Medicine at Stanford University. He currently is CEO and President of Molecular Geriatrics Corporation in Lake Bluff, Illinois. Dr. Murad is married and has five children.