The book is organized into 11 sections. Beginning with a review of the processes of product development and design, the book goes on to describe systematic ways of choosing materials and processes. It details the properties of modern metallic alloys including commercial steels, cast irons, superalloys, titanium alloys, structural intermetallic compounds, and aluminum alloys. The book explains the human/system interface; procedures to assess the risks associated with job and task characteristics; and environmental factors that may be encountered at work and affect behavior. Product liability and safety rules are discussed. The final section on design techniques introduces the design process from an inventors perspective to a more formal model called total design. It also deals with the behavior of plastics that influence the application of practical and complex engineering equations and analysis in the design of products.
- Provides a single-source of critical information to the design engineer, saving time and therefore money on a particular design project - Presents both the fundamentals and advanced topics and also the latest information in key aspects of the design process- Examines all aspects of the design process in one concise and accessible volume
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- The Design Process
- Product Development
- Design and Materials
- New Materials
- Design and Ergonomics
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Product Safety and Legal Liability
- Design Techniques: Electronics
- Design Techniques: Mechanics
- Design Techniques: Plastics
Mike Tooley is a technical author and consultant. He was formerly Vice Principal at Brooklands College in Surrey, England, where he was responsible for the delivery of learning to over 10,000 Further and Higher Education students increasingly by flexible, open and on-line distance learning. Mike is the well-known author of several popular engineering and related text books, including widely adopted course texts for BTEC, GCE A-level and GCSE qualifications in Engineering. Mike's hobbies include astronomy, amateur radio, aviation, computing and electronic circuit design and construction.