* Phase plane analysis for systems of two linear equations
* Use of equations of variation to approximate solutions
* Fundamental matrices and Floquet theory for periodic systems
* LaSalle invariance theorem
* Additional applications: secant line method, Bison problem, juvenile-adult population model, probability theory
* Appendix on the use of Mathematica for analyzing difference equaitons
* Exponential generating functions
* Many new examples and exercises
The Difference Calculus.
Linear Difference Equations.
The Self-Adjoint Second Order Linear Equation.
The Sturm-Liouville Problem.
Discrete Calculus of Variations.
Boundary Value Problems for Nonlinear Equations.
Partial Difference Equations.