- Provides an unique overview of what we know about addiction, and how scientific knowledge can and should be applied in the societal, ethical, and political context
- Applies the state-of-the-art research in fields such as Genomics, Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Social Policy and Ethics to addiction research
- Includes a preface by Sir David King, Science Advisory to the UK Government and head of the Office of Science and Technology, and in introduction by Nora Volkow, director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse in the USA
3. Neuroscience and Drugs of Addiction.
5. Experimental Psychology and Research into Brain Science, Addiction and Drugs.
6. Pharmacology and Treatments.
7. Psychological Treatments of Substance Misuse and Dependence.
8. Cognition Enhancers.
10. Drug Testing.
11. Social Policy and Psychoactive Substances.
12. Sociology and Substance Abuse.
13. Economics of Addiction and Drugs.
14. Problem Gambling and Other Behavioural Addictions.
15. Ethical Aspects of Developments in Neuroscience and Drug Addiction.
16. History and the Future of Pscychoactive Substances.
17. Life Histories and Narratives of Addiction.
18. Perspective of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Foresight Brain Science, Addiction and Drugs Project.