In addition, the ER technique can be used to fabricate advanced functional materials such as photonic crystals, smart inks, and heterogeneous polymer composites.
The major objective of Electrorheological Fluids is to present a comprehensive survey on the ER suspensions in term of screening high performance ER materials, physical mechanisms of the ER effect, and the applications of ER technology.
* Applications of ER suspensions are of wide interest both in academia and industry
* Surveys a large body of literature on the mechanism of the ER effect and the design of industrially applicable ER devices
* Discusses technological problems affiliated with industrial applications
2. Viscosity of liquids and colloidal suspensions with and without an external electric field.
3. The positive, negative, photo-ER, and electromagnetorheological (EMR) effects.
4. The electrorheological materials.
5. Critical parameters to the electrorheological effect.
6. Physics of electrorheological fluids.
7. Dielectric property of non-aqueous heterogeneous systems.
8. Dielectric properties of ER suspensions.
9. Mechanisms of the electrorheological effect.
10. Applications of the electrorheological fluids.