In this volume, the 53rd in the series, we present 8 relevant topics. The first three represent a common theme on distributed computing systems -using more than one processor to allow for parallel execution, and hence completion of a complex computing task in a minimal amount of time. The other 5 chapters describe other relevant advances from the late 1990s with an emphasis on software development, topics of vital importance to developers today- process improvement, measurement and legal liabilities.
- Longest running series on computers
- Contains eight insightful chapters on new technology
- Gives comprehensive treatment of distributed systems
- Shows how to evaluate measurements
- Details how to evaluate software process improvement models
- Examines how to expand e-commerce on the Web
- Discusses legal liabilities in developing software-a must-read for developers