- Analyzes the origin and foundations of some of the myths surrounding sexual behaviors
- Highlights how learning shape human sexual behaviors
- Provides an overview of the endocrine and neural regulation of mammalian sexual behaviors
- Presents a comprehensive analysis of human sexual desire disorders
- Employs many entertaining examples for illustrating main points
- Written by a scientist thoroughly familiar with the research literature
- Presents examples of translational sex research
On the purpose of sex and some notes on scientific explanations.
An incentive motivational framework and the description of sexual behaviours.
The stimulus control of sexual incentive motivation: Non-human mammals.
The stimulus control of sexual incentive motivation: The human.
Endocrine control of sexual behavior.
Neural control of sexual behavior.
Learning and sex: Sexual activity as reinforcement and reward.
Preference for same sex partners: Basic concepts and its occurrence in non-human mammals.
Preference for same sex partners in the human.
Some comments on the concepts of "normal or "functional sexual behavior.
Hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
Hyperactive sexual desire and the paraphilias.
On the omissions.