- Fuzzy system techniques applied to neural networks for modeling and control
- Systematic design procedures for realizing fuzzy neural systems
- Techniques for the design of rule-based expert systems
- Characteristics and relative merits of integrating fuzzy sets, neural networks, genetic algorithms, and rough sets
- System identification and control
- Nonparametric, nonlinear estimation
Practitioners, researchers, and students in industrial, manufacturing, electrical, and mechanical engineering, as well as computer scientists and engineers will find this volume a unique and comprehensive reference to these diverse application methodologies
Cornelius T. Leondes received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania and has held numerous positions in industrial and academic institutions. He is currently a Professor Emeritus at the University of California, Los Angeles. He has also served as the Boeing Professor at the University of Washington and as an adjunct professor at the University of California, San Diego. He is the author, editor, or co-author of more than 100 textbooks and handbooks and has published more than 200 technical papers. In addition, he has been a Guggenheim Fellow, Fulbright Research Scholar, IEEE Fellow, and a recipient of IEEE's Baker Prize Award and Barry Carlton Award.