Meyer's Geometry and Its Applications, Second Edition, combines traditional geometry with current ideas to present a modern approach that is grounded in real-world applications. It balances the deductive approach with discovery learning, and introduces axiomatic, Euclidean geometry, non-Euclidean geometry, and transformational geometry. The text integrates applications and examples throughout and includes historical notes in many chapters.
The Second Edition of Geometry and Its Applications is a significant text for any college or university that focuses on geometry's usefulness in other disciplines. It is especially appropriate for engineering and science majors, as well as future mathematics teachers.
- Realistic applications integrated throughout the text, including (but not limited to):
- Symmetries of artistic patterns
- Computer vision
- Computer graphics
- Stability of architectural structures
- Molecular biology
- Pattern recognition
- Historical notes included in many chapters
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. The Euclidean Heritage
3. Non-Euclidean Geometry
4. Transformation Geometry I: Isometries and Symmetries
5. Vectors in Geometry
6. Transformation Geometry II: Isometries and Matrices
7. Transformation Geometry III: Similarity, Inversion and Projection
8. Graphs, Maps and Polyhedra
Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises
Walter Meyer received his Ph.D. at the University of Wisconsin in 1969. He is currently a professor at Adelphi University, and visiting professor at West Point Military Academy. He has industrial experience as head of robotics research at Grumman Data Systems. He is editor of Principles and Practice of Mathematics, as well as a contributing author to For All Practical Purposes.