Google Talking takes communication to the next level, combining the awesome power of Text and Voice! This book teaches readers how to blow the lid off of Instant Messaging and Phone calls over the Internet.
This book will cover the program "Google Talk? in its entirety. From detailed information about each of its features, to a deep-down analysis of how it works. Also, we will cover real techniques from the computer programmers and hackers to bend and tweak the program to do exciting and unexpected things.
- Google has 41% of the search engine market making it by far the most commonly used search engine- The Instant Messaging market has 250 million users world wide- Google Talking will be the first book to hit the streets about Google Talk
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. A Brief Look at IM's History
2. A Brief look at VoIP
3. Open Standards are our friends! - A look a XMPP, jabber, and interoperability
PART TWO: Bells and Whistles
4. IM hacks
Tweak your Google Talk chat sessions
5. Easter Eggs
Hidden surprises lurking about
6. Come Here, Watson, I need you! - Google Talk VoIP and peering
PART THREE: Development
7. Google Talk: Under the Hood
A look at what makes it tick
8. Hand me that wrench! - APIs, code snippets, Google Talk "hacks
9. The Future? - The future of Google Talk
PART FOUR: That's All, Folks! - Appendix, etc.
Johnny Long is a Christian by grace, a professional hacker by trade, a pirate by blood, a ninja in training, a security researcher and author. He can be found lurking at his website (http://johnny.ihackstuff.com). He is the founder of Hackers For Charity(http://ihackcharities.org), an organization that provides hackers with job experience while leveraging their skills for charities that need those skills.