This book will cover the program "Google Talk in its entirety. From detailed information about each of its features, to a deep-down analysis of how it works. Also, we will cover real techniques from the computer programmers and hackers to bend and tweak the program to do exciting and unexpected things.
- Google has 41% of the search engine market making it by far the most commonly used search engine
- The Instant Messaging market has 250 million users world wide
- Google Talking will be the first book to hit the streets about Google Talk
1. A Brief Look at IM's History
2. A Brief look at VoIP
3. Open Standards are our friends! - A look a XMPP, jabber, and interoperability
PART TWO: Bells and Whistles
4. IM hacks
Tweak your Google Talk chat sessions
5. Easter Eggs
Hidden surprises lurking about
6. Come Here, Watson, I need you! - Google Talk VoIP and peering
PART THREE: Development
7. Google Talk: Under the Hood
A look at what makes it tick
8. Hand me that wrench! - APIs, code snippets, Google Talk "hacks
9. The Future? - The future of Google Talk
PART FOUR: That's All, Folks! - Appendix, etc.
Johnny Long is a Christian by grace, a professional hacker by trade, a pirate by blood, a ninja in training, a security researcher and author. He can be found lurking at his website (http://johnny.ihackstuff.com). He is the founder of Hackers For Charity(http://ihackcharities.org), an organization that provides hackers with job experience while leveraging their skills for charities that need those skills.