The Handbook of Forensic Drug Analysis is a comprehensive chemical and analytic reference for the forensic analysis of illicit drugs. With chapters written by leading researchers in the field, the book provides in-depth, up-to-date methods and results of forensic drug analyses.
This Handbook discusses various forms of the drug as well as the origin and nature of samples. It explains how to perform various tests, the use of best practices, and the analysis of results. Numerous forensic and chemical analytic techniques are covered including immunoassay, gas chromatography, and mass spectrometry. Topics range from the use of immunoassay technologies for drugs-of-abuse testing, to methods of forensic analysis for cannabis, hallucinogens, cocaine, opioids, and amphetamine. The book also looks at synthetic methods and law enforcement concerns regarding the manufacture of illicit drugs, with an emphasis on clandestine methamphetamine production.
This Handbook should serve as a widely used reference for forensic scientists, toxicologists, pharmacologists, drug companies, and professionals working in toxicology testing labs, libraries, and poison control centers. It may also be used by chemists, physicians and those in legal and regulatory professions, and students of graduate courses in forensic science.
- Contributed to by leading scientists from around the world
- The only analysis book dedicated to illicit drugs of abuse
- Comprehensive coverage of sampling methods and various forms of analysis
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Immunoassay Technologies For Drugs-of-Abuse Testing
3. Cannabis: Methods of Forensic Analysis
4. Analysis of the Hallucinogens
5. Cocaine: Methods of Forensic Analysis
6. Opioids: Methods of Forensic Analysis
7. Amphetamines: Methods of Forensic Analysis
8. Illicit Drug Manufacture (with an Emphasis on Clandestine Methamphetamine Production): Synthetic Methods and Law Enforcement Concerns