This book will be considered the definitive reference work on vertebrate immunology and will be essential for scientists and professionals working in Immunology, Vaccinology or with Animal Models, for students of Veterinary or Human Medicine, Biology and researchers in Comparative Medicine and Physiology.
Each section, devoted to a major animal group covers:
- Lymphoid organs and their anatomical disposition
- Leukocytes and their markers
- Leukocyte traffic and associated molecules
- T cell receptors
- MHC antigens
- Ontogeny of the immune system
- Passive transfer of immunity
- Neonatal immune responses
- Non-specific immunity
- Complement system
- Mucosal immunity
- Tumours of the immune system
Professor Pastoret is a former Director of the Institute for Animal Health and is now a consultant to the BBSRC on animal health issues. He is an internationally renowned researcher, specialising in viral diseases and in immunology and vaccination, and was closely involved in the development of effective strategies for rabies control in Europe.
Hervé Bazin is Professeur Extraordinaire at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Louvain, Belgium.