There are numerous engineering applications for high-speed rotating structures which rotate about their symmetric axes. For example, free-flight sub-munition projectiles rotate at high speeds in order to achieve an aerodynamically-stable flight.
This is the first book of its kind to provide a comprehensive and systematic description of rotating shell dynamics. It not only provides the basic derivation of the dynamic governing equations for rotating shells, but documents benchmark results for free vibration, critical speed and parametric resonance. It is written in a simple and clear manner making it accessible both the expert and graduate student.
- The first monograph to provide a detailed description of rotating shell dynamics
- Dynamic problems such as free vibration and dynamic stability are examined in detail, for basic shells of revolutions
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Fundamental Theory of Rotating Shells of Revolution
3. Free Vibration of Thin Rotating Cylindrical Shells
4. Free Vibration of Thin Rotating Conical Shells
5. Free Vibration of Thick Rotating Cylindrical Shells
6. Critical Speed and Dynamic Stability of Thin Rotating Isotropic Cylindrical Shells