Following the breakthrough in the last decade in identifying the key parameters for time and depth imaging in anisotropic media and developing practical methodologies for estimating them from seismic data, Seismic Signatures and Analysis of Reflection Data in Anisotropic Media primarily focuses on the far reaching exploration benefits of anisotropic processing.
This volume provides the first comprehensive description of reflection seismic signatures and processing methods in anisotropic media. It identifies the key parameters for time and depth imaging in transversely isotropic media and describes practical methodologies for estimating them from seismic data. Also, it contains a thorough discussion of the important issues of uniqueness and stability of seismic velocity analysis in the presence of anisotropy. The book contains a complete description of anisotropic imaging methods, from the theoretical background to algorithms to implementation issues. Numerous applications to synthetic and field data illustrate the improvements achieved by the anisotropic processing and the possibility of using the estimated anisotropic parameters in lithology discrimination.
- Focuses on the far reaching exploration benefits of anisotropic processing
- First comprehensive description of reflection seismic signatures and processing methods in anisotropic media
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Influence of anisotropy on point-source radiation and AVO analysis.
3. Normal-moveout velocity in layered anisotropic media.
4. Nonhyperbolic reflection moveout.
5. Reflection moveout of mode-converted waves.
6. P-wave time-domain signatures in transversely isotropic media.
7. Velocity analysis and parameter estimation for VTI media.
8. P-wave imaging for VTI media.